Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Got some serious packing done today, and in doing so seriously underestimated:
1. the square footage of my hair care products
2. the awkward/inflexible shape of high heels
3. the unsquishability of a wool coat
4. the amount of charger cables i own/need
5. the capacity of my favorite purple suitcase :( (suitcase#2 commences tomorrow)

But on the bright side, I discovered some promising unread books in my closet for the plane ride, and remembered to pack a jar of peanut butter (don't freak out! it's a pre- devastating salmonella outbreak jar, circa august 2008) Why pack a jar of peanut butter you ask? Well besides the fact that it is creamy and delicious, it is also a scarcity in foreign countries, i.e. Peru, and now it seems the Czech Republic as well. Who knows how these people have survived without pb&j sandwiches all this time... but I suppose the wide variety of delicious beers makes it easy to not care :)

czech language progress
nerozumim - i don't understand
jak se mate'? - how are you?
tento - this one
tam ten - that one
banka - bank
voda - water

I'm starting to get very excited! and also managed to get my dentist very excited for me during my crown yesterday!

-Lauren

1 comment: